Why dogs for Conservation? Conservation detection dogs can find:
- Carnivore scat (animal droppings) for DNA analysis of elusive species
- Invasive plants for early eradication of species that out-compete native species
- Invasive animals, like mussels to prevent introducing them to new areas
- Whale scat, so that scientists can study whale health and behavior
- Bumble bee nests, so that land managers can make sure they’re protected
- Bird and bat fatalities at wind farms, to help inform conservation efforts
- And more!